Facts About Unfinished Kitchen Cabinets
If you are up to install unfinished cabinets for your kitchen, there are colors to choose from and you can also select between splatter or dye for the kitchen makeover. It is also possible to mix up variety of colors & door fronts on such types of cabinets to make it look more interesting. You just have to make sure that you sketch first the design using a graphing paper first before you make every detail of the entire design. Choosing the best type of wood is also important; this will help in making sure that all cupboards can be used forever. If you plan to stain the kitchen cabinets you will need the following materials.
Materials for staining
- Drop cloth to cover the entire floor in case of spill or drips from the sponge brush.
- Sandpaper to make sharp edges that contain minor defect in the wood smooth. You can also use a medium fine course paper as well.
- A sponge tipped brush or an old rag for the application process is also needed. Another rag is a must for wiping off the cabinets after the staining process. The 3rd and last rag will be used for wiping the cabinets after sanding.
- You also need a stick for stirring; this can be bought in a paint store.
- Gloves so you wonâ€™t stain your hands.
Upon gathering all these materials, you can now schedule the project. You have to do it on sunny days when the air is low in humid. High humidity will prevent the stain from drying and it may be sticky too. The entire process of renovating the kitchen using unfinished kitchen cabinets will not bring you pain but there is a process that must be followed for better results. You have to measure all the spaces for the cupboards or shelving. You can make a draft to just define the spaces and dimensions of every cabinet from top to the base. You should use the whole barrage of the cabinets from the floor to the ceiling; this is more applicable in smaller kitchen to help in maximizing the space. You can also purchase an uncompleted cupboard if you want to add it and blend it with the theme of the kitchen.
When you buy cabinets, you can shop around for different types of cabinet doors. You may also add dual door storeroom cabinets too. Just make sure that you enhance the crown molding of the perimeter for a higher quality. You can mix it up with variety of designs along with seamless design to make the cabinets uniform with the ceiling. If you have plans of staining the cabinets finish the process first before you install them. You can also mount durable hardware and then choose a finish to just complement the metal on the appliances and then with the overhead light fixtures too. You can use drawer pulls, doorknobs and any artistic hardware pieces that fit in with the structure and style of the house.