How to Plan Your Kitchen Design Layout
If you have a small sized kitchen, you have a number of options in planning your kitchen design layout. You must understand the basic principles of the layout so as to make sure that you determine which plan is best suited to the requirements of your kitchen. While planning the layout, you must be considerate of the different considerations and functionalities of the space. There are different functions that are performed in the kitchen space. It is basically a cooking and preparation station. The basic applications that are found in the kitchen include the oven, range and microwave. Hence, you must conserve the space and use a countertop.
The kitchen is also used for cleaning up and washing things. This place contains the dishwasher, sink and waste disposal unit. Hence, it is best to keep the trash bin and the rollout tray within a cabinet. Before designing the kitchen design layout, you must take the food storage area under consideration. The important things such as the pantry and refrigerator should be placed here to store materials. With all these aspects, you can plan the kitchen accordingly for maximum space utilization. Create an imaginary triangle on the basis of all the sections of the workstation.
Even if the space of the kitchen is scanty, there are various kinds of designs which can suit your lifestyle and needs. Check out the kitchen design layout options:
- G-shaped Kitchen Layout: This is a layout that comes with a lot of space and lots of room for the cabinets. It is just the perfect little option for large families which are in need of storage space and require the demands of multiple cooking. The additional cabinet leg can be replaced with a mini bar or a nook for having breakfast.
- U-shaped Kitchen Layout: It is one of the most common kitchen layouts and this is because of the fact that it has an efficient working triangle. Like its G-shaped counterpart, the single cabinet leg may be converted into a bar for having breakfast.
- L-shaped Kitchen Layout: This is a layout which offers a fixed work triangle and is considered as the most flexible option when it comes to the kitchen layouts.
- Galley or Corridor Kitchen Layout: It is a very appealing workstation and is superb for all the people who have a small space in their kitchen. This kitchen design layout is ideal because it helps the person access the appliances with convenience.
- Pullman or Single Wall Kitchen Layout: It is a layout which is appropriate for more contemporary apartments and homes which have a small and well-ventilated feel.
Flooring is an important aspect of the layout. The choice of flooring is crucial since it sets the tone of the kitchen. The texture of the floor should be appealing and often creates a radical effect on how the whole room is perceived. While planning the kitchen design layout, you need to focus on the illumination as well. This will help you perfectly remodel your kitchen and impress your loved ones.